Description of Problem
The eBook appears in the Adobe Digital Editions Library with a red exclamation point. Clicking on the title brings up an error message "Unable to Open <Name of eBook>."
ADE is not correctly Authorized to the same email address provided when the eBook was purchased. This may also occur if Adobe Digital Editions Reader was not authorized before download of the eBook or if the ePub file was transferred from one device to another. You may check your Authorization Information by going to Library and selecting Help->Authorization Information.
How to Re-Authorize your Reader
(You may need to try this if the Authorization is not already correct as described above)
1. Open ADE and go to the Library
2. Under Help choose Erase Authorization. Follow the instructions to Erase Authorization.
3. Close ADE (important).
3. Re-open ADE, then choose Authorize Computer.
If you do not already have one, you will need to Create an Adobe ID using the same email address you used when purchasing your eBook. (IMPORTANT: Please note that you will be unable to open your eBook if you choose the option, "I want to authorize my computer without an ID.")
If this does not resolve the issue, you may try the following:
1. Submit a Support Ticket explaining the problem. Please be certain to include the following information:
a. A Screenshot of the Adobe Digital Editions "Authorization Information" screen. (Go to Help->Authorization Information).
b. A Screenshot of "Item Info" for the eBook title(s) you are having a problem opening (In the Library, highlight one eBook title, right-click and choose "Item Info." Repeat this for each title if more than one.)
2. Customer Support will reply with additional troubleshooting information which we hope will enable you to resolve the problem.